MARL is an ultralight hiking backpack using high-end material X-Pac VX21 as main fabric (VX42 for bottom panel). MARL equips three stages compression system (top/side/bottom) and the volume is adjustable between 20L~51L, which makes it suitable for all kinds of trips.
• Adopt X-pac VX21 blue for main fabric, X-pac VX21 black for side pockets
• Comfortable Two-Track ventilated suspension system
• Shoulder straps connect all the way to the whole back creating a ventilated back panel and providing basic support for frameless mode by a weight saving way.
• 2 vertical and 1 lateral aluminum stays can be inserted to stay in the same piece of back panel adding the stability of the suspension system by a weight saving way. (Users are suggested to re-shape the stays to fit their figure before usage)
• 2 long daisy chains
• Removable sternum strap
• Removable hip belt, with two pockets on the belt
(no pockets for XS waist size due to the length of the belt)
• Three stages compression system (top/side/bottom) (volume adjustable from 20L~51L)
• Bottom seam bound with wide and stiff webbing to reduce water seeping in from lateral seams
• The bottom seam binding make this pack easily stand on the ground
• Add hydration port and inner buckle for hydration bladder
Main material is X-Pac VX21, a laminated fabric (200d nylon + black polyester x-ply + 0.25mil PET film +50d polyester taffeta backing) resulting in outstanding waterproofness and shearing strength for its weight.
MARL weighs 1053g (torso R/ hipbelt S) and the recommended comfortable carrying weight is under 20kg.
Three stages compression system (top/side/bottom). New bottom compression mechanism makes it able to adjust backpack volume between 20L- 51L.
Before compression, MARL can be a pack for trips about one week. After compression, MARL can be adjusted to very small, just like an ordinary day pack.
Hipbelt pockets in place for small snacks or small camera.
Two side pockets for water bottles or your maps.
In main compartment, there're hydration port and buckle for hydration bladder.
The front big mesh pocket provides an easy access space for storing personal stuff. It is ideal for placing wet gear or raincoats. It would help dry your stuff at the same time keep your main compartment clean. There is elastic string at the edge of the mesh, which allows people to adjust the space they need.
• Torsos size: Small(S): 15”~17” / Regular(R): 17~19"
• Extra Small (XS): 23”~27” / Small (S): 27”~31" / Medium (M): 31”~35
Accessories in the package:
• Removable hip belt
• Removable Sternum Strap
• Aluminum stays*3
• Bungee loop*2/ String Loop*2
Total(torso R/hipbelt S): 1053g
Frameless mode (includes hipbelt and sternum strap): 908g
Vertical aluminum stays(2 pcs): 114g
Lateral aluminum stays: 31g
20L~51L(torso R, exterior pockets not completely enclosed by fabric are not included)
Main compartment: 49.5L
Hipbelt pockets(2 pcs): 1.5L
Top circumference: 40" / Bottom circumference: 34" / Height Fully Unrolled: 35.5"
Main fabric: X-Pac VX21
Bottom: X-Pac VX42
Suggested limit of comfortable carrying capacity: 20kg